another aircraft scatter program

General Aircraft Enhancement Discussion
VK3XL
Frequent Poster

another aircraft scatter program

Post by VK3XL » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:58 am

I came across this on the VHF/UHF reflector.
http://www.nitehawk.com/w3sz/AircraftScatter.htm

I have not had a chance to look into it in any detail yet, but plan to have a go in the near future.

It could be useful in collecting data on aircraft over specific paths with its recording mode.

Cheers
Mike VK3XL
73 Mike

VK5PJ
Forum Diehard

Re: another aircraft scatter program

Post by VK5PJ » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:32 am

Hi Mike,
thanks for sniffing that one out, while I am not a huge AE participant, it is fun to see what some of the programs have to offer. I was amazed at how much is stuffed into the likes of AirScout so it will be fun to look at the new offering.
Peter Sumner, vk5pj
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
- Winston Churchill

VK5PJ
Forum Diehard

Post by VK5PJ » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:00 pm

Hi Mike,
have you hade any luck getting this to go?

I have had a few goes and have tried the suggested help from vk5dj but it refuses to show any aircraft for me, maybe others who have had more luck would like to comment?

Installed the software onto the shack PC (win7 x32) and fiddled with the URL's in the Options section. It still tells me that the URL is invalid but I can get planes to show now.

URL 1: http://www.flightradar24.com/

DIR/File: zones/full_all.json

I have a feeling this is the same info that vk5dj posted in the VHF email reflector but the house PC did not like it.

Did find that this program puts its files in some unexpected places, all the data files are in the users profile:

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\W3SZ

The config file for the package lives here:

C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\Data\MJOYP8E6.JZ7\YQ6B1X8C.VJ2\airc..tion_0000000000000000_0001.0000_d38a43d2a9b0a2b1\Data\1.0.0.0\ (I suspect the actual path is different for each install but you get the general picture on where to start looking)

Regards,
Peter, vk5pj

VK5PJ
Forum Diehard

Post by VK5PJ » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:13 pm

Hello,
Just for the record, if your PC shows no planes and you know you have the dotnet framework 4x installed, then go to control panel / programs, then right click on the entry in the list for Microsoft .Net framework 4 Client Profile and the select REPAIR out of the options. You have to reboot afterwards but this was the fix for me after ensuring the URL's were correct.

Regards,
Peter, vk5pj

VK3XL
Frequent Poster

Post by VK3XL » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:32 pm

sorry, been laid low with the man flu, feeling a bit better today but still have the sore throat ( 5 days now). I might have a go at it tomorrow
73 Mike