Webtrak Aircraft tracking website

General Aircraft Enhancement Discussion
VK3DXE
Forum Diehard

Webtrak Aircraft tracking website

Post by VK3DXE » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:59 pm

I found this one just following a link from somewhere else. I thought might be useful to be able to display the movments of many of the much smaller General Aviation traffic around the major cities. It seems it only covers approx. 55km from the CBD, but I'll have a play and see if I can determine how much enhancement I get from some of these smaller aircraft on WSPR.

Main site: http://webtrak.bksv.com/mel

Click on the link for the city of interest to access the tool.

I'd bee interested in others' experiences and observations with this, as most of the aircraft data we've been used to playing with has related to larger commercial aircraft.
Alan VK3DXE
QF21nv

VK2FAK
Forum Diehard

Re: Webtrak Aircraft tracking website

Post by VK2FAK » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:32 pm

Hi all....

Alan... I had a look at the site but could not get it off a delayed display....even when clicked on current flights it was still showing an hour or so delay...

John
Regards

John Vk2FAK

VK3RX
Forum Diehard

Post by VK3RX » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:05 pm

I had a look at the site but could not get it off a delayed display....even when clicked on current flights it was still showing an hour or so delay...
That's intentional, for security reasons. Also not all aircraft are displayed i.e. some are suppressed, for a variety of reasons.

It's intended use is for noise complaints, hence the feature where you can input your address, and do a history check i.e. a replay of the time period of interest, and see details of the aircraft that you thought nearly took your TV antenna out.

And see that it nearly took your neighbour's antenna out, not yours.

It also doesn't display aircraft above about 10,000FT, hence they suddenly appear and disappear.
Damien VK3RX

VK5ZD
Forum Diehard

Post by VK5ZD » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:32 pm

It does other cities as well; just replace the /mel with /adl, /syd, /bne, etc.
Iain Crawford - VK5ZD
Munno Para West, SA - PF95ih