Plane Plotter question

General Aircraft Enhancement Discussion
VK4WDM
Forum Diehard

Plane Plotter question

Post by VK4WDM » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:43 pm

How do you toggle between "chart" and "satellite image"?

I have clicked on the satellite image button which changed from chart to satellite image but it does not change back to chart when I click on the chart button.

I have looked in the handbook but can't see anything in there (but my eyesight/brain interface does have intermittent problems :mrgreen: )

Wayne VK4WDM

VK2DVZ
Frequent Poster

Re: Plane Plotter question

Post by VK2DVZ » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:50 pm

Wayne,
On my PP the 'VIEW' drop down window has CHART and TOOLBAR ticked - no other options ticked.

On the TOOLBAR a satellite button is available. Pressing it sends PP off to the internet to download/update the SATELLITE image that is on the screen. (In my case it is a map of Australia and part New Zealand).

Drag that main image around to required portion of the country of interest and zoom in to suit your requirements. Then press the SATELLITE button (mini world map image - put mouse on it and it will display word 'satellite") on TOOLBAR and the chosen portion of the map will be updated with the 'satellite' image of that portion of the original image. Now click FILE on TOOLBAR, choose SAVE RESTORE POINT, A/B/C or D as you desire. Once done, clicking on A, B, C or D buttons on TOOLBAR, will bring up that image later on...

(Hoping I am not telling you what you already know... Have fun...)
Ross, VK2DVZ

VK4WDM
Forum Diehard

Re: Plane Plotter question

Post by VK4WDM » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:49 pm

Hi Ross

Thank you for your help. I now have it sorted. :D

I have been playing around with plane plotter for a while now but I need to take it more seriously and optimise everything so I can identify some possible AE options.

I have two receivers: PlaneGadget Radar and Aurora Eurotech (which I can get to identify aircraft but can't get it to plot them on the chart). I have just brought a ZMX 1090MHZ antenna which I have placed on a temporary mount at roof height.

Wayne VK4WDM